Sunday, October 30, 2011

Do you know the secret??


"She knows the secret!"  I heard Mike Gordon, of Fearless Entertainment say, pointing to me.  "What?"  I ask, confused, but know that I am being brought into the conversation.  We were at the Man Up Detroit concert & Mike was talking to a music artist referred to as RIME.  The music artist had asked him how Fearless Entertainment continues to host countless Christian rap shows so successfully. And Mike referred him to me....and he was right, I do know the secret to their success.....marketing!

As I proceeded to explain some of the things I have learned in terms of marketing over the years, I realized perhaps other musical artists needed to hear this information.  I understand as a musical talent, perhaps a buried fear is preforming to an empty room.  Here are a few tips that will help ensure that doesn't happen to you:

1) Right audience. You can spend a lot of money on flyers or advertisements, but could be wasted if handed to the wrong people.  Invest time and money in the audience you desire to reach.  If I am trying to reach a young person, I wouldn't advertise the event in the newspaper because that generation turns to social media for their information.  This may take research.

2)  Image Control.  If you are a new artist or would simply just like to change your image - know your image.  What would you like to portray?  You are your own brand.  When people see a brand, they expect a certain promise, be that promise.  Show consistency.  I suggest you 'sanitize' your social media or web-site.  Be the image you wish to portray, the brand.

3) Show integrity.  Be a person of your word.  Be honest, follow through with what you say you will do.  There is enough 'artists' in the world, so stand out simply by doing what you say you will do.  Your reputation is something that as talent, all you have.  So know that everything you do is essentially tied to your image as well as your brand.  Stand for integrity, if anything that alone will make you stand out.

These are just a few tips that I will be sharing throughout my own life experience...stay posted for more secrets :)

To learn more about Fearless Entertainment, visit:  www.fearlessentertainment.net

2 comments: